ID: 9451
Updated by: stas
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Math related
Assigned To:
Comments:

You are working with $variable as a string. Convert it to
integer with (int) or with adding 0 to it.

I wrote a poll section for the company i work for, on www.sgl.net.au.
I was testing boundary and illegal values with my script, and i set the number of
votes for one of the options to
-1, when i click "Vote" it takes the -1 and increments it. (taken from a mysql_db)
when it finishes incrementing it the resulting vote number is -2

so
$variable = - 1;
$variable++;

echo $variable prints out -2
The problem could be with mysql returning a positve integer only ,but i thought i'd
mention it anyway

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=9451&edit=2