ID: 9798
User Update by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Select statement do return true if they succeed. The output of this script is "yesno":

<?php
$db = mssql_connect("host", "user", "password");

$query = 'SELECT * FROM table_name';
$result = mssql_query($query);
echo ($result) ? "yes" : "no";

$query = 'UPDATE table_name SET field_name = "text"';
$result = mssql_query($query);
echo ($result) ? "yes" : "no";
?>

<?php
$db = mssql_connect("host", "user", "password");

$query = 'UPDATE table_name SET field_name = "text"';
$result = mssql_query($query);
echo ($result) ? "yes" : "no";
?>

The output is "no", even though the update has actually occurred. This did not happen
with 4.0.3pl1. It began happening when I upgraded to 4.0.4pl1.

I used the "(CGI binary plus server API versions for Apache, AOLserver, ISAPI and
NSAPI. MySQL support built-in, many extensions included, packaged as zip)" Win32
binary.