From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: redhat linux JP7.0
PHP version:      4.0.4pl1
PHP Bug Type:     Compile Problem
Bug description:  can't extract any files

I downloaded this Ver php4.0.4pl1.tar.gz, but I can not
extract any files, because the error happened when I extract them.

1. tar xzvf php4.0.4pl1.tar.gz

   error: gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error
                stdin: invalid compressed data--length error

2. gunzip php4.0.4pl1.tar.gz

   error: gunzip: php4.0.4pl1.tar.gz:invalid
                              compressed data--crc error

3. (1) winzip php4.0.4pl1.tar.gz
       result is ok. I got php4.0.4pl1.tar
   (2) tar xvf php4.0.4pl1.tar