On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 01:12:05PM -0600, Andrei Zmievski wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >

> > > Is there something wrong with build of Zend as of this morning?
> > >
> > > I get:
> > >
> > > $ make
> > > Making all in Zend
> > > make[1]: Entering directory `/data/src/cvs-php/Zend'
> > > make[1]: *** No rule to make target `@MAINTAINER_MODE_TRUE@', needed by
> > > `Makefile.in'.  Stop.
> > > make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/src/cvs-php/Zend'
> > > make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > >
> > > I tried clean checkout of PHP & Zend, ./buildconf, ./configure, make but got
> > > the exact same error message.
> >
> > same for me, please fix it ASAP...
>
> This is due to change made to ext/midgard/config.m4, from version 1.14
> to version 1.15:

[skipped]
>    fi
> -  PHP_SUBST(MIDCONFIG_FILE)
> -  PHP_OUTPUT(php_midgard.h)
> +  PHP_SUBST_OLD(MIDCONFIG_FILE)
> +  AC_OUTPUT(php_midgard.h, [], [])
>  fi
>
> Whoever maintains this module, please fix it.
PHP4 has no means except AC_OUTPUT() to replace variables in header
files through templates in modules. If I'm using PHP_SUBST and PHP_OUTPUT
then php_midgard.h didn't generated from php_midgard.in. The only way
to generate it is to use AC_OUTPUT and AC_SUBST (which is called in PHP_SUBST_OLD).

I treat it as a bug in PHP4 building environment.

--
Sincerely yours, Alexander Bokovoy
  The Midgard Project   | www.midgard-project.org |    Aurora R&D team