ID: 9869
Updated by: kalowsky
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: ODBC related
Assigned To:
Comments:

working on something similar already for some of the other bug reports... guess i can
tack this onto the pile as well..

I am unable to use PHP/Openlink ODBC to get specific rows based on my SELECT statement
form a MS Access 97 db.  I can use PHP/Openlink just fine while accessing an Informix
db hosted on a SCO box.  I can also use Perl/DBI:DBD:ODBC to get the rows I need from
this Access db, so I'm guessing this is a PHP bug.  Here is a snipet of the code I
use:

putenv( "ODBCINI=/usr/local/openlink/bin/odbc.ini" );
putenv( "ODBCHOME=/usr/local/openlink" );
putenv( "ODBCINST=/usr/local/openlink/bin/odbcinst.ini");

$conn = odbc_connect("DSN=ink","","", SQL_CUR_USE_ODBC);
$sql = "SELECT DISTINCT * FROM ComponentUse WHERE Code = 'CX145' ";
$cur = odbc_exec($conn, $sql);

// This section of code displayes the tables in the db fine.
$tablelist = odbc_tables($conn);
while (odbc_fetch_row($tablelist)) {
echo odbc_result_all($tablelist);
}

// This section of code does not work - dies with "Driver not capable"
while (odbc_fetch_row($cur)){
$code = odbc_result($cur, "code");
printf ("Code: $coden");
}
odbc_close($conn);

The code will display the table list just fine, but I get the following error from the
odbc_exec statement:

Warning: SQL error: [OpenLink][ODBC][Driver]Driver not capable, SQL state S1C00 in
SQLExecDirect in
/home/httpd/html/ink/dispenser/comp_use.php on line 23

Like I said, I can use Perl/DBD just fine to get the rows I want with that select
statement, so this must be a PHP bug?

Thanks for any help.  I really would like to write this application in PHP, since I'm
not too proficient in Perl.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=9869&edit=2