From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Linux
PHP version:      4.0.4pl1
PHP Bug Type:     PHP options/info functions
Bug description:  allow_persistent directive doesn't work

To prevent the use of persistent connections I've put the following lines in my
php.ini:

mysql.allow_persistent  =       Off     ;
pgsql.allow_persistent  =       Off     ;

When I look at the output of phpinfo() I can see that PHP reads my settings, because
it reports persistent links to be off.

Nevertheless, PHP still allows persistent connections, so every now and then I run out
of available database backends because too many of them are idling.

I solved this problem by patching the source code (modified ext/pgsql/pgsql.c line 462
and ext/mysql/php_mysql.c line 597, changed "1" into "0"), but I do not consider this
as a 'clean' solution, since I have to patch the source every time I update PHP.

You can view phpinfo()'s output at: http://www.schapendonk.org/config

Thanks for your time to look into this problem.

Regards,

Martin Schapendonk

--
Edit Bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=10113&edit=1