From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: freebsd
PHP version:      4.0.1pl2
PHP Bug Type:     Scripting Engine problem
Bug description:  array_pop reorders array keys

This is a repeat of 5226, but I couldn't add anything without a password, which I
didn't have.

In that bug, [EMAIL PROTECTED] didn't understand the example that was given. What
happens is this: if you have

$a[5]="five";
$a[6]="six";

and then do array_pop($a), you now have $a[0]="five", not $a[5]="five", as I would
expect.

Despite not understanding the example, stas answered the question: that's the way the
zend engine works. But you don't see that as a problem?

--
Edit Bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=10149&edit=1