On 5 Apr 2001 17:05:34 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>ID: 8895
>Updated by: sterling
>Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Bug Type: Sablotron XSL
>Assigned To: sterling
>Comments:
>
>The xslt_process() function *does* return false on failure.
> However, if the error is serious enough, the php script
>will exit out, as with any of the sablotron functions.
>Furthermore, it never sends a fatal error if the
>transformation fails, it sends an error of type E_ERROR for
>critical sablotron errors transformations and an error of
>type E_WARNING for warnings.

This sounds like a question of semantics - I consider anything which will cause
PHP to halt execution with the message "Fatal Error" as a fatal error, even if
the sablotron extension is doing a RETURN_FALSE internally. Since there's no
possible way for a PHP developer to trap such an error, it sounds like the
documentation should be updated to reflect the way xslt_process() actually
behaves.