[Hartmut Holzgraefe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>]
> Stig Sæther Bakken wrote:
> >
> > ["Pieter Claassen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>]
> > > Is it possible to write PHP extentions in Perl [...]
> >
> > Why on earth would you want to do something like that?
>
> Why on earth woudl someone want to use COM or JAVA with PHP
> or even use PHP as a Java Servlet?
> I (although i do not like PERL personally) think this is just as valid.
>
> On the other hand i heard that PHP stands for "People Hate Perl" though

There's a big difference between letting PHP talk to COM objects and
implementing PHP extensions in Visual Basic.  And besides I don't hate
Perl.  I used to love it.  Now I just like it.

Pieter: why not put the Perl code in a server and make it available
through XML-RPC?  If you can ever write PHP extensions using Perl, the
devil will have to start thinking about shopping winter clothes. :-)

 - Stig

--
  Stig Sæther Bakken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Fast Search & Transfer ASA, Trondheim, Norway