ID: 4965
Updated by: jmoore
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Reproduceable crash
PHP Version: 4.0.4-dev-win32-2000-11-07
Assigned To:
Comments:

CLosing been about for 4 months waiting for feedback. ISAPI is unstable under NT4 for
reasons best known to MSFT and its hidden API but works fine under Win 2k. There isnt
enough information here to really work with debugging and fixing wise.

As you are using NT 4 can you please contact phill driscoll([EMAIL PROTECTED]) if
you are willing to do some testing. The isapi filter is VERY unstable under NT4 but
seems fine under win2k so there is question over wether this will bve fixed/can be.
Most of the QA team other than phill use IIS 5 and it works OK under that. if you
would be interested in helping us test then please see contact info on
http://qa.php.net/

James

  I have just tried the latest dev version, again upon starting the w3svc I recieve an
Application error OleMainThreadWndName: inetinfo.exe, and the service never starts.
As soon as I remove the filter from the ISAPI filters list, the w3svc will start
properly.  The service error report is System Error 1067, the service terminated
unexpectedly.  Hope this helps,
  Mike Auty

Could you try some php4.0.4-dev version from
http://php4win.de/ ??

--Jani

Jani,
  I've just tried the latest version 4.0.2, and unfortunately yes, IIS 4 still crashes
on starting the w3svc with an error in inetinfo.exe when the php4isapi.dll is set
under the ISAPI filters tab on the master web properties.  Again if you need any more
information to resolve this bug, just ask.
  Mike Auty

Is this still happening with php4.0.2 ?

--Jani

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the
comments, please view the bug report online.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=4965&edit=2