ID: 10389
Updated by: cnewbill
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: MySQL related
PHP Version: 4.0.4pl1
Assigned To:
Comments:

Your query is not returning any rows, and as such mysql_query returns false.  False of
course is not a valid mysql result and thus the "Warning".

If you are 100% certain the query returns results then that would be a problem,
otherwise this is not a bug.

Please check this query from the mysql command line and reopen if there really is a
problem.

-Chris

Here is the code I am using that produces the error:

<?php
    $db = mysql_connect("localhost");
    mysql_select_db("ue", $db);
    $result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM jobsc");
    $rows = mysql_num_rows($result);
?>

on the last line is where the error is generated.  In
any browser, I see:

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result
resource ...

My setup contains apache 1.3.19 with the static PHP 4.0.4pl1
module compiled in.  My configure lines for PHP are:

./configure --with-apache=/home/apache_1.3.19
--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql

/usr/local/mysql is the install directory for mysql

That is all the information I believe I have, and I'm
relatively sure that PHP is not crashing, per say.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=10389&edit=2