ID: 10382
Updated by: andrei
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Documentation problem
PHP Version: 4.0.4pl1
Assigned To:
Comments:

I cut & pasted your code and ran it against latest CVS version and it works.

Sorry, I submitted this to the 'add notes' for the online manual thinking that was
where I might get information.

What I did is  cut-&-pasted the code from documentation for the function
array_multisort() into a brand new PHP script and added some print_r() calls. The
function array_multisort() doesn't work as adverstised. :] It generates an error:
Warning: Argument 3 to array_multisort() is expected to be an array in
array_multisort.php on line 9

Here is the PHP file array_multisort.php:
<pre>
<?php

$ar = array (array ("10", 100, 100, "a"), array (1, 3, "2", 1));

print_r($ar);

array_multisort ($ar[0], SORT_ASC, SORT_STRING,
$ar[1], SORT_NUMERIC, SORT_DESC);

print_r($ar);

?>
</pre>