From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Linux 2.4
PHP version:      4.0.4pl1
PHP Bug Type:     Reproduceable crash
Bug description:  PHP Crashes when it opens complicated pages

PHP just crashes when it opens particularly complicated
pages. When I'm hacking at a page, it I add another loop,
or insert a few more lines of code in somewhere, it'll
just crash.

This bug is _not_ caused by the invocation of any one
function, the use of any one particular syntax element or
feature. It is caused by excessively complicated pages.
Therefore, it's probably some memory-related bug in php's
internals. Apache logs report that the server dies with
SIGSEGV. The only way I think you'll work out what this is
is by looking at a core file, or if I send you a suspect
file. I can't seem to get php to dump one (tried httpd -X
in /tmp, but it doesn't work). Any ideas? I submitted this
bug before, but I was told the CVS version had it fixed.
I've used a CVS snapshot, and that didn't fix it.

Thanks in advance,

Charlie Dyson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

( By the way, PHP is the best web-related tool I have ever
come across and it's made web-development a lot easier for
everyone. Thanks. )

--
Edit Bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=10443&edit=1