ID: 8631
Updated by: kalowsky
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: ODBC related
PHP Version: 4.0.4
Assigned To:
Comments:

if you've poorly installed your DB, theres very little PHP
can do.

I am trying to work with RH6.2 + Apache1.3.14 + PHP 4.0.4 on a machine where someone
else (mis)installed IBM DB2 version 7.1 for linux. I compiled PHP as a DSO using the
--with-ibm-db2 switch.

Apparently the did not correctly setup the environment to make DB2 setup available for
the Apache process: when i try to connect to DB2 using odbc_connect() I get "binary
trash" inside the warning i get from PHP. I think that "trash" appears where the error
message from DB2 should appear instead.

If i restart the apache process after setting up the required DB2 environment
variables for user root (i.e. now I can connect to DB2 as root) everithing works ok:
i.e., if I connect to a non-existant DB I get 'readable' error message instead of
trash.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=8631&edit=2