> So what does that mean? The code is OK there and it isn't reached on
> systems where readdir_r returns 0 for success? I'm not quite sure what to
> do with this bug report.

    We either need to differentiate between Solaris and HPUX
    readdir_r or ignore the return value of that system call, as
    the semantics differ.  Solaris return non-zero on success
    whereas HPUX returns zero.

    This could be achieved by setting entry->d_name[0] to NUL
    before the system call and assume that it failed, if the
    system call does not change the contents of d_name.

    - Sascha                                     Experience IRCG
      http://schumann.cx/                http://schumann.cx/ircg