ID: 10229
Updated by: cnewbill
Old-Status: Open
Status: Closed
Bug Type: Filesystem function related
PHP Version: 4.0.3pl1
Assigned To: 

I assume this is a dead issue.  If not reopen.


Previous Comments:

[2001-04-08 05:04:10] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I have only seen php code once, and I was't able to reproduce it.  I suppose it was a 
case where php code was stored in a variable (for online editing or something).  This 
is only a guess, as it's not my code that I see, but code from someone else on the 
same server.


[2001-04-07 20:51:58] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I ran it through a couple hundred times and absolutely no PHP code whatsoever.

The only problem I see here is $content is never cleaned up properly and contains BOTH 
of the fread()s jumbled.  Which is very strange.

$fp = fopen("";, "r");
while (!feof($fp)) $content .= fread($fp, 4000);

You would be better off using the above as it works properly.

Whomever is handling the fopen-wrappers should probably look at this.



[2001-04-07 20:17:03] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I've been testing a bit more and have a clear reproducible codesnippet, it yields the 
same results in php 4.0.4p1, so I changed the PHP version for this bugreport.

$fp = fopen("";, "r");
$content = fread($fp, 100000);

$fp = fopen("";, "r");
$content = fread($fp, 100000);

mail("me@host", "topic", $content);

In this mail, I see the sourcecode from followed by the rest of the code 
from  This does occur in about 1/3 of the mails I try, although I'm 
unable to see why this isn't always the case.


[2001-04-07 19:46:47] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Can't reproduce with CVS version.  Try upgrading to the newest release 4.04pl1 or grab 
a CVS snapshot from

What URL is it that is doing this? Or is it every URL?



[2001-04-07 19:25:09] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
While running the following code, I got weird results in my mailbox.  It seemed like I 
got the entire buffer of 100000 bytes mailed, instead of only the length of the result 
of the url.  And those mails contained php code from another site hosted at the same 
server.  This worries me, and I think this needs a serious checkup.
The bug is reproducible :)

$fp = fopen("http://someurl/";, "r");
$content = fread($fp, 100000);
mail("someone@somehost", "test", $content);

Additional info:
'./configure' '--prefix=/usr' '--with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs' '--with-gd' 
'--with-gettext=/usr' '--enable-safe-mode' '--with-config-file-path=/etc/httpd' 
'--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-zlib' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--with-regex=system' 
'--with-ttf=/usr/lib/' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-xml' '--disable-debug' 
'--with-db3' '--with-interbase=shared' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--with-ldap' 


The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the 
comments, please view the bug report online.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at

PHP Development Mailing List <>
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To contact the list administrators, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to