ID: 10144
User Update by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

resources also)
Resource not releasted after casting to an integer.

Don't know if this the the culprit to my Apache server on windows constantly
crashing, but suspect it may be playing a role in it.

<?php
$connection = OCIPLogon ("scott","tiger","orcl");

echo "<br>First round:<br>";
$statement=OCIParse ($connection, "select user from dual");
//$result_value=intval($statement);  //CULPABLE.

echo var_dump($statement)."<br>Freed<br>";
@OCIFreeStatement($statement);
echo var_dump($statement)."<br>";

echo "<br>Second round:<br>";
$statement=OCIParse ($connection, "select user from dual");
$result_value=intval($statement);  //CULPRIT

echo var_dump($statement)."<br>Not Freed<br>";
@OCIFreeStatement($statement);
echo var_dump($statement)."<br>";
?>

Outputs:
First round:
resource(2) of type (oci8 statement)
Freed
resource(2) of type (Unknown)

Second round:
resource(3) of type (oci8 statement)
Not Freed
resource(3) of type (oci8 statement)

In the second round, the resource is not freed.

My Redhat Linux box (php 4.0.4pl1) doesn't crash, but the Windows version...  Well...

Background info:
Thought it would be a good idea to use Manuel Lemos'  Metabase.  Works great
on Linux.  That's where I developed this app, but now I need to migrate to a Windows
platform and it's crashing like crazy.   Metabase's classes use an intval($resource)
as a place holder, in an array of statement_info so that
you can run mutiple queries.  Metabase can keeps track of its queries this way (for
OCI at least).

The crashes experienced catestrophic, but threads aren't closing up shop properly.
Bug #9857 came about because a constant would be still be defined the next page
refresh.  Haven't been able to reproduce this in a short code segment w/out starting
up metabase classes.  After using Metabase on windows however, all kinds of weirdness
ensues.  Apache performs illegal instructions after every other refresh w/oci8 then.

-Joe "Shmengie"