ID: 8729
Updated by: andi
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Reproduceable crash
PHP Version: 4.0.4pl1
Assigned To:
Comments:

popen() has been rewritten for Windows. This will be available in PHP 4.0.6. Please
wait for that or check the latest CVS. If the problem persists please open a new bug
report.

I have two files delme1 and delme2
delme1 has
This is junk in delme1

delme2 has
This is trash in delme2

I wish to append delme1 onto delme2 using a canned method or
function (popen or passthru) on Win98.  On my WinNT system it
works fine.  On Win98 both of the
methods crashes the system hard (i.e. Ctrl+Alt+Delete does not work).
I have tried this with both the small and complete php4.
With and without apache.  Using both "r" and "w" as the popen options.
It also failed hard when I tried to use passthru.

$hp = popen("type delme1 >> delme2", "r");

Have done searches which turned up nothing about this.

       Csaba Peter Gabor  (212-270-0610)
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=8729&edit=2