ID: 6734
Updated by: kalowsky
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: ODBC related
PHP Version: 4.0.2
Assigned To:
Comments:

no user feedback.  considered fixed in current cvs.  if not true, please reopen.

Is this still valid in the current PHP releases?

Second, if it is, is your Oracle setup configured to allow your Win98 machine access?

Installed PHP4.02 on NT 4 and 98.  NT has IIS3/PWS and 98 has PWS.  Install went fine
on 98 after following numerous notes.  After installing on NT scripts are able to run,
however I am unable to connect to Oracle DB.  I haven't figured out where the oracle
module is (or how to install it for PHP) so I use ODBC connection and script.  Granted
the code isn't pretty as I get errors with the output, but it works on the 98 machine
fine.

I get the following error:

Warning: SQL error: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]Server rejected the connection., SQL state
08004 in SQLConnect in D:Reportsbad.php on line 19
Error in odbc_connect
Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid ODBC result resource in D:Reportsbad.php on
line 14

Suggestions and instructions needed.

Code also follows:

<?
//__________________________________________________________
//
//      test_odbc.php3
//      A sample PHP script to test ODBC under PHP / WinNT
//      Leo West - 08/1998
//__________________________________________________________

function Error_Handler( $msg, $cnx )
{
        echo "$msg n";
                // in case of persistent connexion, it is important to close it before
exiting.
        odbc_free_result( $cnx);
        exit();
}

        // create an ODBC connection, returned in $cnx
        $cnx = odbc_connect( "WebDB","SA","");

//      To avoid permission troubles in the test, you may want to use a superadmin
access :
//      $cnx = odbc_connect( 'WebDB' , [sa login] , [sa password] );

        if( ! $cnx ) {
                Error_handler( "Error in odbc_connect" , $cnx );
        }

        // send a simple odbc query . returns an odbc cursor
        $cur= odbc_exec( $cnx, "select name from matters order by name" );
        if( ! $cur ) {
                Error_handler( "Error in odbc_exec( no cursor returned ) " , $cnx );
        }

        $nbrow=0;

                // fetch the succesive result rows
        while( odbc_fetch_row( $cur ) )
        {
                $nbrow++;
                        // get the field "id"
                $id= odbc_result( $cur, 1 );
                        // get the field "nom"
                $nom= odbc_result( $cur, 2 );
        }

                // close the connection. important if persistent connection are "On"
        odbc_close( $cnx);

?>

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=6734&edit=2