On Wed, 2 May 2001, Emiliano wrote:

> I'm trying to create a minimal module to do some debugging work, but it
> fails to load. I essentially used ext_skel to create an fresh extension,
> moved it out of the PHP tree, then did:
>
> $ phpize
> $ ./configure --enable-apdebug
> $ make
> # make install
>
> The extension is generated OK AFAICT, but it lacks the symbol
> get_module, which gets me 'PHP Warning:  Invalid library (maybe not a
> PHP library) 'apdebug.so'  in Unknown on line 0' in my error log.
>
> Any ideas, anyone? Using Apache 1.3.19 and 4.0.4.5rc6 on Debian sid.
Yes. This known bug for self contained extensions when config.h isn't read
by php_apdebug.c so HAVE_APDEBUG and COMPILE_DL_APDEBUG aren't defined.

Try to do bizzare thing;
CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DHAVE_APDEBUG=1 -DCOMPILE_DL_APDEBUG=1" ./configure --with-apdebug

--
Sincerely yours, Alexander Bokovoy
  The Midgard Project   | www.midgard-project.org | ALT Linux Team