ID: 10439
User Update by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

asp-mssql

Sorry, my only win2000 system is an asp-mysql production system in a network center
and not available for testing now. I will install php on this system maybe in two
weeks.

Do you happen to have an NT machine you can try and reproduce this on? I am on Windows
2000 and it works.

No, new version 4.0.5 didn't solve my problem, testesd under win98.

Works fine in latest CVS under NT.
Please try 4.0.5 which should be released today and report back if your problem has
been solved.

On w98 and w98se it is not possible to change from root directory (eg. c:) to a
relative subdirectory (e.g. windows). There is a delay of about 1 second. The same
when accessing file functions (eg. is_dir, filesize) on filenames in the root
directory without path (e.g. filesize ("msdos.sys"), no result is returned.

Try this script:

<?PHP
function mychdir ($text, $dir, $works) {
  echo "$text '$dir': "; flush();
  chdir ($dir);
  echo
    "<font color=". ($works ? "green" : "red").">".
    str_replace ("\", "/", getcwd ())."</FONT><BR>";
  flush ();
}
mychdir ("change to root", "/", true);
mychdir ("change to existing full path", "c:/windows/temp", true);
mychdir ("change to parent", "..", true);
mychdir ("change to relative subdir", "temp", true);
mychdir ("change to parent-parent", "../..", true);
mychdir ("change to root", "/", true);
mychdir ("change to relative subdir from root - does not work (notice the delay)",
"windows", false);
?>

Gustav Graf

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the
comments, please view the bug report online.

Full Bug description available at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=10439