On 2001-05-04 10:03:00, "Hartmut Holzgraefe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Wez Furlong wrote:
> > So, it'll be more of an internal dependency...
> oops, we are going to have internal extension dependencies beside
> those to ext/standard?

I can see where you are heading.

> i think we should find a standard way to:
> - ensure mandatory dependencies are fullfilled during configure

I was going to "hand-code" this check in my config.m4 for the time-being.

> - restrict symbols exported by the extensions intermideate object
>   files (.so for shared extension or .a archive for builtin ones)

I'm always careful to avoid namespace pollution (using static wherever
possible), but some collisions are inevitable given the number of different
developers and extensions.

> Any comments on this? (Sascha?)

Calling all autoconf/libtool gurus...

I can see how to "use" the config macros, just not how to implement them
:-)

--Wez.