On 5 May 2001 19:40:27 -0000, Bug Database wrote:

>ID: 9878
>Updated by: rasmus
>Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Bug Type: Date/time related
>PHP Version: 4.0.4pl1
>Assigned To:
>Comments:
>
>Are you sure that bit of code applies in your case?  ie. is HAVE_TM_GMTOFF undefined
>in your
main/php_config.h file?  I am unable to recreate this problem here, but on my Linux
box my gmadjust
value comes straight from the libc system call ie. I have HAVE_TM_GMTOFF defined.

>Previous Comments:

Yes, Solaris 2.6 does not have the tm_gmtoff value
in the tm structure in time.h, and correspondingly the
php_config.h does not define the HAVE_TM_GMTOFF value.  I don't know
if newer versions of Solaris have this value.  My linux has the value.

I suppose you can rebuild your Linux and override this define to
try and duplicate the problem.  Also remember it only happens
during the standard timezone which ended in early April in the US.

If its any help, I'm using the exact patch I suggested on our
production Solaris environment and it worked fine before and after
the time shift.

Until your note, I didn't know how common this value even is in the
structure, I'll have to make note of it for later use.
Thanks,
Brian