ID: 10591
Updated by: zeev
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: PHP options/info functions
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0 Latest CVS (01/05/2001)
Assigned To:
Comments:

Also, has anybody managed to reproduce it?  I can't.

Do you have any settings for magic_quotes_runtime in your httpd.conf or .htaccess
files?

Marked as to be fixed before 4.0.6

Hmmm... maybe we do have a bug here...

There are no calls to magic_quotes_runtime().
There are no includes, requires or auto_(pre|ap)pend_files.
The php.ini files and apache conf files don't set magic_quotes_runtime.
And there are no other scripts on the box that call magic_quotes_runtime() or set_ini
('magic_quotes_runtime', 'On');

So, right now it does seem that magic_quotes_runtime does to randomly turn on and off.

Calls to get_magic_quotes_runtime() accurately report whether magic_quotes_runtime is
active, while phpinfo() reports that magic_quotes_runtime is off - both locally and
the master value.

Initial reports indicated that the bug may have been related to file(), however, the
problem can be reproduced using fopen() as well - see
http://airbag.tss.peachnet.edu/~sam/fopen.php and
http://airbag.tss.peachnet.edu/~sam/fopen.txt.

Anyone have any ideas here - I am coming up blank.

Damn... misread last comment. Have asked user to send me relevant code.  I would guess
that something simple to fix on here...

Semi-randomly?

There are no odd lines in my php.ini...

I need this to work for my app! :)

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the
comments, please view the bug report online.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=10591&edit=2