ID: 10785
Updated by: derick
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Compile Failure
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0.5
Assigned To:
Comments:

Ok, that's nice. I'll leave this bug in the "feedback" state for that time.

Hi agaim,
now i could compile it.
I forgot to erase config.cache to reproduce the same error.
If i got the mail to post more lines a breaked a new try with following changes (i
restart it only with make clean and
configure)

./main/php_config.h
between config and make changed:

uncomment #undef HAVE_LIBDL

I will reproduce the error until erasing config.cache tommorow (very slow workstation)

I notice while make of PHP very often:

/opt/gcc/lib/gcc-lib/hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00/2.95.3/include/stdio.h:30: warning: t
his is the location of the previous definition

The requested line will take some time .. slow machine ..

AFAIK only the 64bit libraries on HP/UX have
standard dl*() functions in them while the old 32bit
libs have some proprietary HP shared library support

Can you post the last 25 lines before you get that error?
Theses lines show what was used in linking PHP.

Derick

If i compile (gcc 2.95.3) apache 1.3.14 with PHP module i get this:
/usr/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
   dlclose (code)
   dlopen (code)
   dlerror (code)
   dlsym (code)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

/usr/lib/libdl.sl exists.

If i do the same on HP-UX11 (64bit) with HP C++ compiler
it works without errors.

commands:
./configure --without-mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.14

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the
comments, please view the bug report online.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=10785&edit=2