ID: 10549
Updated by: ahill
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: ODBC related
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0.4pl1
Assigned To:
Comments:

this is a workaround for getting around the overhead required when server-side cursor
libraries are in use.

OpenLink 4.0 implements a mixed cursor library in the server-side components.

Server-side cursors should be used sparingly for this reason

-Stephen Schadt

I'm using the Openlink Data Access Driver Suite (Multi Tier Edition) Version 4.0,
Connecting to a Progress 8.3B Database running on an AIX Unix Box.

before i commit such a patch, what version of OpenLink are you using?

Hello,

I've experienced a compilation error and some huge performance problems setting up an
ODBC connection via Openlink ODBC drivers.

I've configured my Php:

./configure --with-openlink=/usr/src/openlink

When compiling Php, it complains about missing the iodbc.h udbcext.h header files
which are not included in the SDK software package of Openlink.

When I remove the two above include files from ./ext/odbc/php_odbc.h line 125 128 the
compilation  works fine without errors or warnings, and am able to etablish a
connection to my Openlink drivers.

When I query my DB from out of Php via Openlink, a simple query takes huges amounts of
time, while the same query is very fast using the included odbctest utility from the
Openlink SDK package.

I've run a query via Php and the odbctest utility and compared the two debug files and
saw that Php uses the ExtendedSQLFetch C- function. The odbctest utility uses an
'normal' SQLFetch function.

So I have changed my ./ext/odbc/php_odbc.h file line 124 from:

#elif defined(HAVE_OPENLINK) /* OpenLink ODBC drivers */

#define ODBC_TYPE "Openlink"
#include <iodbc.h>
#include <isql.h>
#include <isqlext.h>
#include <udbcext.h>
#define HAVE_SQL_EXTENDED_FETCH 1
#define SQLSMALLINT SWORD
#define SQLUSMALLINT UWORD

to:

#elif defined(HAVE_OPENLINK) /* OpenLink ODBC drivers */

#define ODBC_TYPE "Openlink"
// #include <iodbc.h>
#include <isql.h>
#include <isqlext.h>
// #include <udbcext.h>
// #define HAVE_SQL_EXTENDED_FETCH 1
#undef HAVE_SQL_EXTENDED_FETCH
#define SQLSMALLINT SWORD
#define SQLUSMALLINT UWORD

With this small change I was able to compile my Php succesfully and query my Database
via the Openlink Package very fast!

Regards,

Anne van der Velden
Correct Express