I've just branched 4.0.6. The branch name is PHP_4_0_6.
Can someone please revert the libtool 1.4 patch on this branch?
I'd like to get an RC1 out of the door ASAP and I don't think all of those
critical bugs can be fixed as there doesn't seem to be much momentum going
towards it.
- #1249 - the url_parse() being too strict problem doesn't seem to be on
any ones TODO list. I don't see which this should hold up a release if it
has been like this for a long time and it's not really a bug but a limitation.
- #4630 - Don't know about the AIX segfault. I wouldn't necessarily hold up
a release because of this. He might have a weird system setup and he can
use gcc (he said that works).

Those are definitely two bugs I'd take out of the critical. I suggest we
discuss all of the bugs though and see if any of these should *really* hold
up 4.0.6. If so, it might take months :)
I'd like to go with an RC1 before this whole issue is resolved because of
the numerous changes which have been made.

Andi