That's most likely because you have newlines that PHP does not
understand (it should in 4.0.6). In particular, the newline just before
the // comment that got printed out where it should not is probably
mac-style '\r' instead of unix-style '\n' or dos-style '\r\n'. Fix those
newlines and everything will work like a charm, or wait tilll 4.0.6 and
hope it works:)

Vlad