ID: 11001
Updated by: rasmus
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Unknown/Other Function
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0.5
Assigned To:
Comments:

I suppose to some extent it is.  The chart on php.net/ini_set just specifies where
values can be changed.  It doesn't specify whether changing that value will actually
have the desired effect.  Like you saw, you could change the value in your script, the
problem is just that the action that the value affects happens before your script is
run, so the change doesn't do anything useful.  The ini_set page should be updated to
reflect this.

Is it a documention issue?

The Online Manual
=============================
magic_quotes_sybase "0" PHP_INI_ALL

PHP_INI_ALL 7 Entry can be set anywhere

Is it a documention issue?

The Online Manual
=============================
magic_quotes_sybase "0" PHP_INI_ALL

PHP_INI_ALL 7 Entry can be set anywhere

Not a bug.  magic quotes are done before your script is executed, so you can't change
these settings in your script.

Trying to set magic_quotes_sybase with

ini_set('magic_quotes_sybase', 1 )

even though a ini_get() says the value is set it has no effect on the handling of
quotes. I have to set the value to 'on' in the PHP.ini file in order for this to work.

I have tried the following without any success.

ini_set('magic_quotes_sybase', 1 )
ini_set('magic_quotes_sybase', '1' )
ini_set('magic_quotes_sybase', -1 )
ini_set('magic_quotes_sybase', '-1' )