From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: RedHat 6.2
PHP version:      4.0.5
PHP Bug Type:     Reproducible crash
Bug description:  Recursive call causes crash

I created a function called pad which performs exactly what str_repeat does (didn't
realize str_repeat was there originally).

function pad($length,$padVar="-"){
 if($length<=0){return;}
 else{return pad($length-1,$padVar).$padVar;}
}

When passing a length > about 5000 the page will not load and I quickly get this error
in the php.error log:
[notice] child pid 15040 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

I assume it is b/c the function stack is just not up to the task, but I thought I
would let you know anyway.
Of course I am using str_repeat now....

Thanks!
Jason