On Mon, 21 May 2001, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Yes, I figured that was the issue.  If $HTTP_SESSION_VARS is set then I
> think it should take precedence.  I think the current approach where
> scripts written with register_globals set to Off do not work on servers
> that have register_globals On is bad.  Makes it pretty much impossible to
> write portable session code.

How about this scenario -- register_globals is on, session is loaded,
$HTTP_SESSION_VARS['foo'] and $foo contain the same value, then user
changes $foo, thinking it will be saved. But if you say
$HTTP_SESSION_VARS value takes precedence, then his changes are lost --
not too intuitive.

-Andrei

Politics is for the moment, an equation is for eternity.

                                   -- Albert Einstein