ID: 8772
Updated by: jmoore
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: *Session related
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0.5
Assigned To:
Comments:

THis should be fixed in Latest CVS. Please reopen if that is not the case.

- James

Hi Guys,

Well I installed PHP 4.0.5 hoping it would fix my problem with sessions and it still
does not work!

Any help from someone knowledgable on this issue would be nice since I reported this
bug over 3 months ago.

Thanks, Serge

I would like to know if there is any news with regards to this bug? The workaround
involves using "register_globals on" and I really don't like this aproach.

Thanks, Serge

Steve Chadsey has reported that he has the same bug as me:
His message follow.

For the record, I am having the *exact* problem you describe.  It's on a RedHat 6.2
system, kernel 2.4.1, PostgreSQL 7.0.3, Apache/1.3.17 (Unix) mod_perl/1.25
PHP/4.0.4pl1.  With register_globals off, the session
write function is never getting called.  With register_globals on, it works fine.

Do you think I should add a new bug report?  Can I add a "me too" to
your bug report?

Thanks,
--
Steve Chadsey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Looks like someone else is having the same problem.

See bug number 9002

Serge

Below are my php.ini settings and Virtual Host settings
Serge

# php.ini file
[PHP]

engine                  =       On
short_open_tag  =       On
asp_tags                =       Off
precision               =       14
y2k_compliance  =       Off
output_buffering        = Off
output_handler          =
implicit_flush          = Off
allow_call_time_pass_reference  = Off

; Safe Mode
safe_mode               =       Off
safe_mode_exec_dir      =
safe_mode_allowed_env_vars = PHP_
safe_mode_protected_env_vars = LD_LIBRARY_PATH
disable_functions       =

#zend_optimizer.optimization=15
#zend_extension="/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendOptimizer.so"

zend_extension="/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendDebugger.so"

; Colors for Syntax Highlighting mode.  Anything that's acceptable in <font color=???>
would work.
highlight.string        =       #DD0000
highlight.comment       =       #FF8000
highlight.keyword       =       #007700
highlight.bg            =       #FFFFFF
highlight.default       =       #0000BB
highlight.html          =       #000000

; Misc
expose_php      =       Off

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Resource Limits ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 60
memory_limit = 8M

error_reporting =       E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_WARNING
display_errors  =       On
display_startup_errors = Off
log_errors              =       Off
track_errors    =       On
;error_prepend_string = "<font color=ff0000>"
;error_append_string = "</font>"
;error_log      =       filename
;error_log      =       syslog
warn_plus_overloading   =       Off

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Data Handling ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
variables_order         =       "GPCS"
register_globals        =       Off
register_argc_argv      =       Off
post_max_size           =       8M
gpc_order                       =       "GPC"

; Magic quotes
magic_quotes_gpc        =       Off
magic_quotes_runtime=   Off
magic_quotes_sybase     =       Off

; automatically add files before or after any PHP document
auto_prepend_file       =
auto_append_file        =

; PHP's built-in default is text/html
default_mimetype = "text/html"
;default_charset = "iso-8859-1"

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Paths and Directories ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
include_path    =
doc_root                =
user_dir                =
extension_dir   =       ./
enable_dl               = On

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; File Uploads ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
file_uploads    = On
;upload_tmp_dir =
upload_max_filesize = 15M

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Fopen wrappers ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
allow_url_fopen = On

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Module Settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[Syslog]
define_syslog_variables = Off

[mail function]
SMTP                    =       localhost
sendmail_from   =       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
sendmail_path   =       '/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject -N'

[Debugger]
debugger.host   =       localhost
debugger.port   =       7869
debugger.enabled        =       False

[Logging]
;logging.method    = db
;logging.directory = /path/to/log/directory

[Java]

[SQL]
sql.safe_mode   =       Off

[ODBC]
odbc.allow_persistent   =       On
odbc.check_persistent  =        On
odbc.max_persistent     =       -1
odbc.max_links                  =       -1
odbc.defaultlrl =       4096
odbc.defaultbinmode     =       1

[MySQL]
mysql.allow_persistent  =       On
mysql.max_persistent    =       -1
mysql.max_links                 =       -1
mysql.default_port              =
mysql.default_socket    =
mysql.default_host              =
mysql.default_user              =
mysql.default_password  =

[mSQL]
msql.allow_persistent   =       On
msql.max_persistent             = -1
msql.max_links                  = -1

[PostgresSQL]
pgsql.allow_persistent  =       On
pgsql.max_persistent    =       -1
pgsql.max_links                 = -1

[Sybase]
sybase.allow_persistent =       On
sybase.max_persistent   =       -1
sybase.max_links                =       -1
;sybase.interface_file  =       "/usr/sybase/interfaces"
sybase.min_error_severity       =       10
sybase.min_message_severity     =       10
sybase.compatability_mode       = Off

[Sybase-CT]
sybct.allow_persistent  =       On
sybct.max_persistent    =       -1
sybct.max_links                 =       -1
sybct.min_server_severity       =       10
sybct.min_client_severity       =       10

[bcmath]
bcmath.scale    =       0

[browscap]

[Informix]
ifx.default_host                =
ifx.default_user                =
ifx.default_password            =
ifx.allow_persistent            =       On
ifx.max_persistent              =       -1
ifx.max_links                   =       -1
ifx.textasvarchar               =       0
ifx.byteasvarchar               =       0
ifx.charasvarchar               =       0

ifx.blobinfile                  =       0

ifx.nullformat                  =       0

[Session]
session.save_handler      = user
session.save_path         = php_sessions
session.use_cookies       = 1
session.name              = PHPSESSID
session.auto_start        = 0
session.cookie_lifetime   = 0
session.cookie_path       = /
session.cookie_domain     =
session.serialize_handler = php
session.gc_probability    = 10
session.gc_maxlifetime    = 1200
session.referer_check     =
session.entropy_length    = 0
;session.entropy_file      =
session.entropy_length    = 16
session.entropy_file      = /dev/urandom
session.cache_limiter     = nocache
session.cache_expire      = 180
session.use_trans_sid     = 1

url_rewriter.tags         = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=fakeentry"

[MSSQL]
mssql.allow_persistent          =       On
mssql.max_persistent            =       -1
mssql.max_links                         =       -1
mssql.min_error_severity        =       10
mssql.min_message_severity      =       10
mssql.compatability_mode        =  Off
;mssql.textlimit                        = 4096
;mssql.textsize                         = 4096
;mssql.batchsize                        =        0

[Assertion]
;assert.active                          =       Off
;assert.warning                         =       On
;assert.bail                            =       Off
;assert.callback                        =       0
;assert.quiet_eval                      =       0

[Ingres II]
ingres.allow_persistent         =       On
ingres.max_persistent           =       -1
ingres.max_links                        =       -1
ingres.default_database         =
ingres.default_user                     =
ingres.default_password         =

[Verisign Payflow Pro]

[Sockets]
sockets.use_system_read         =       Off

========================
========================

# virtual host settings
<VirtualHost 192.168.0.7>
        ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        DocumentRoot /www/medialib-dev/htdocs
        ServerName medialib-dev.globalbeach.com
        ErrorLog        /www/medialib-dev/logs/error_log
        CustomLog       /www/medialib-dev/logs/access_log common
        php_flag register_globals off
        php_flag track_vars on
        php_value auto_prepend_file "/usr/local/apache/conf/pgsql_session_handler.php"
        php_value include_path "/www/medialib-dev/libs"
        php_value open_basedir "/www/medialib-dev"
</VirtualHost>

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the
comments, please view the bug report online.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=8772&edit=2