I tried that. This is what I get whilst doing ./configure. My build tree
is separate from my source tree

My source tree is

/usr/local/src/php4
              /Zend
                                  /TSRM

My build tree is

/usr/local/src/phpbuild

Configuring libtool
checking for ld used by GCC... (cached) /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... (cached) yes
checking for BSD-compatible nm... (cached) /usr/bin/nm -B
../php4/ltconfig: ../php4/ltconfig: No such file or directory
configure: error: libtool configure failed

--
Yusuf Goolamabbas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]