ID: 11075
Updated by: swm
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Strings related
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0.5
Assigned To:
Comments:

Please read the most recent manual entry (for 4.0.5).

   nl2br -- Inserts HTML line breaks before all newlines in a string

Description

   string nl2br (string string)

   Returns string with '<br />' inserted before all newlines.

This is to support the latest HTML recommendation (XHTML 1.0)

nl2br function seems do not operate correctly.
For example,
$a = "aaa
bbb";
$b = nl2br ($a);

The correct value of $b is following:
"aaa<br>
bbb"

But I got the wrong value like this:
"aaa
bbb"

FYI, I have used PHP language for 2 years and
the same code I tried worked well at the prior versions (PHP3.x, PHP4.0 ~ PHP4.0.4)

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=11075&edit=2