ID: 9496
User Update by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
persistant

OCIPlogon() will do the same as OCILogon() but mark the sever and session handle as
persistent, which means that PHP won't close them on script-end. if your script does a
OCILogon("s","t") and later a OCIPLogon("s","t") _no_ new server or session handle
will be created but instead the existing ones will be marked persistent.

this is intended behaviour - why would we want to change it?

With the following test (test_oci8.php) both connexions (USER_1 and USER_2) are
persistant.

Notes :

1. We can see that connexions are persistant with the following SQL command :

  select username, status, logon_time from v$session where username='USER_1' or
username='USER_2';

2. We can use the following workaround : use a different database name for USER_1 and
USER_2 (who acces the same real database).

3. If we invert the order of connexions (USER_2 before USER_1) and use OCInlogon for
USER_1, only USER_2 has persistant connexions but the number of connexions of USER_2
increase until to reach the maximum limit (ORA-00604 error).

-------------------------------
test_oci8.php
-------------------------------
<title>OCI8 bug test</title>
</head>
<%

    $user = "USER_1";
    $password = "pwd1";
    $database = "TEST";

    {
        // should be non persistent !!!!
        $connexion = OCIlogon (
            $user,
            $password,
            $database);

        if (!$connexion)
        {
            trigger_error (
                "Erreur OCIlogon $user / $database",
                E_USER_ERROR);
        }
        else
        {
            echo "<p>Connexion 1 OK";
        }

        OCIlogoff ($connexion);
    }

    {
        $user = "USER_2";
        $password = "pwd2";
        $database = "TEST";

        // If we use a different databasename (for the same real database) we don't
have the problem
        // $database = "TEST2";

        $connexion = OCIplogon (
            $user,