ID: 8545
Updated by: sniper
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: *Session related
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0.6RC3
Assigned To:
Comments:

Seems like the session_start() doesn set the cookie when
Apache is run in Inetd mode. Reproduced with PHP 4.0.6RC3

hi,
observation is same even with the latest one.

rgds
Bhaskar

Does this happen with latest CVS snapshot from http://snaps.php.net/ ??

--Jani

Hi,
an update on this.
This problem is observed if the server type in apache web server is INETD. If we run
apache as standalone it works fine.

can u check this and revert why sessions are not working in netscape if apache runs as
inetd.

rgds
Bhaskar

can i have the design team views asap.

thanks in advance
Bhaskar

I am attaching the script of two files first.php and second.php which can be used to
reproduce this.

------------beginning of first.php-------------
<?
session_start();
session_register(test);
$test="firstpage";
?>
<head>
---------------------end of first.php-----------
---------------beginning of second.php-----------
<?
session_start();
echo $test;
session_unset();?>

On clicking the hyperlink of the first page, i should see the value of variable test
and an hyperlink. this comes in Ie and not in netscape.

hope this will help u in finding the problem i am having.

rgds
Bhaskar

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the
comments, please view the bug report online.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=8545&edit=2