From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Win98
PHP version:      4.0.5
PHP Bug Type:     Unknown/Other Function
Bug description:  \n or \r\n?

the thing is, my PHP running in CGI PHP and module PHP (PHP running as a module of
Apache 1.3.20) have different results. PHP is not portable!

use fread() and .= operation, I read the entire file into a string, and use
count(split(string, "\n")); to find out how many lines there. This basically works
well if this PHP file is invoked by PHP module.

However, this doesn't work if PHP is running in CGI mode.
I have to change to "\r\n" then the script gives the same result.

--
Edit Bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=11460&edit=1