Now that the list is back up, I have a question...

In my module I'm writing, I need to have some functions that will
take as an argument a FILE resource id.  So the question begs
asking is there any function I can call to obtain the FILE resource
structure (that contains the FILE*) from the standard file module?

In my module, I don't want to have to modify the File code, or make some variable
global or anything.  I just want the user to give me the File resource,
let me call a function that will give me the structure to the open FILE *.
Does that exist?  Any other suggestions?

Brian