Could you please try making like this:

# CFLAGS=-G make

--Jani

Sorry, this wasn't it....

# find /usr -name libdl.a  -print
/usr/lib/libdl.a
/usr/ccs/lib/libdl.a
/usr/ccs/lib/inst_updt/libdl.a

it seems like a type mismatch problem, but gcc doesn't seem to care. The real problem
is I cannot successfully build apache with gcc (it wants xlc) and I can't mix gcc
compiled php modules with xlc compiled apache.

Sounds like broken dlopen()..
Could this be of any help:

http://www.unixguide.net/ibm/faq/faq2.26.shtml

ie. Do you have that libdl.a somewhere in your system?

33.16 is interpreted as line 33, column 16.

I am not sure if it is the 16th character in the line, or the 16th position from the
absolute beginning. Anyway, line 33 is a start....

Exactly what line does this happen on??
That 33.16 doesn't seem to tell anything?? (I'm not familiar
with IBM's ideas of error messages..)

--Jani

Yes, I still get the same error with php 4.0.6RC3

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the
comments, please view the bug report online.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=11405&edit=2