ID: 11445
Updated by: sniper
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: IMAP related
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0.5
Assigned To:
Comments:

Did you compile it from sources? Or is it again from RPM?
If latter, you HAVE to install the devel RPM of it too.

If former, you first compile it, and then copy the necessary
files to right places (easy way is to just copy all .h files
to somewhere like, /www/imap/include and the c-client.a to /www/imap/lib/libc-client.a
and use --with-imap=/www/imap )

--Jani

I've tried it with the latest version o imap and I still get the error

Closed, not bogus..

You need to install the DEVEL rpms to compile anything.
And in case of Redhat, I suggest you get the IMAP-2000 sources from their site and
compile it yourself.

Also, get the latest release candidate of PHP from here:

http://www.php.net/~andi/php-4.0.6RC3.tar.gz

as it has some fixes related to IMAP.

--Jani

Hello,
If I try to compile PHP4 with IMAP support and Apache 1.3.20
I get the following error while starting the webserver: undefined symbol: mxdriver.
Here's how I configured Apache:
./configure
"--with-layout=Apache"
"--enable-module=ssl"
"--enable-module=so"
"--enable-module=access"
"--enable-module=alias"
"--enable-module=mime"
"--enable-module=status"
"--with-perl=/usr/bin/perl"

Here's the one for PHP
"./configure"
"--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs"
"--with-config-file-path=/etc"
"--enable-bcmath"
"--with-bz2"
"--enable-calendar"
"--enable-ftp"
"--with-gd=/usr/"
"--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/"
"--with-xpm-dir=/usr/"
"--with-imap"
"--with-kerberos"
"--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql/"
"--with-pspell"
"--enable-trans-sid"
"--enable-sockets"
Please help, this is urgent
Thank you !

P.S: I alo tried using export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/kerberos/lib -lkrb5 -lgssapi_krb5 -lpam"
before runnig configure. The IMAP is the one that comes with REDHAT

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=11445&edit=2