Updated by: sniper
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Program Execution
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0.5
Assigned To:
Comments:

I can now reproduce the same symptom.
If PHP is as CGI under Apache, the example script
doesn't work. But as DSO it works.

Windows 2000 - Apache 1.3x

PHP 4.05

Running PHP.exe as CGI.  Is this the problem?

This works for me just fine within Linux.
Also on Windows ME (PHP as Apache DSO).

What is the SAPI you are using? Web server?
Or is it run as CGI?

--Jani

In theory (at least IMHO), this function should be used to register
functions to finish up after the client has detached from the server.

This way, time consuming tasks like logging, closing connections, sending
e-mail, or whatever can be done *after* the client is happily surfing to
their next page.

However, I have tested Register_Shutdown_Function as much as I can locally,
and no matter what I try... I have to wait until my shutdown functions are
done before I see the page, get redirected, or whatever.

This is bug or a feature?  Or am I a dummy?

This example should execute and be done... but instead it waits around till the
shutdown function is finished.  I used sleep cause its a good way to kill time, but it
happens with any time consuming operation (sending 5 emails through SMTP for example)

Example:

<?
Register_ShutDown_Function("KillTime");
print("We're DONE here.");