From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: linux (ed. suse7.1)
PHP version:      4.0.6
PHP Bug Type:     Apache related
Bug description:  php code NOT prcoessed

using
        linux (suse 7.1)
        apache-1.3.20
        mod_perl -1.25
        php-4.06

compiling
        succeeded (after editing '../apache_1.3.20/src/Configuration' file)
        everything is 'static' compiled (no use of DSO)

        perl
                perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.20
                HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1
                make
                make install

        php4
                ./configure --with-mysql=/usr --enable-track-vars
                --with-apache=../apache_1.3.20
                make
                make install

        apache
                ./configure --enable-module=most
                --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a
                --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a :)
                make
                make install

configuration
        httpd.conf
                AddType application/x-httpd-php  .php
        cp php.ini-dist /usr/local/lib/php.in
        /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl restart

Result
        In Netscape I get these :
        If I browse a *php file, then I just see the code.
        If I browse a *html file with embedded php stuff I don't see anything

So after days of compiling I finallaly ask some help

--
Edit Bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=11662&edit=1