ID: 11665
User Update by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

No, configure fails no matter what explicit or implicit value used for
--with-imap-ssl.

Since that option test the c-client.a library, I don't see how pointing it at the
openssl directory could help.

Running configure with just the option (no =DIRectory) used to work as well, but
doesn't now (for me).

There was minor bug in PHP 4.0.6 but it is possible
to workaround using --with-openssl as you are doing.

But you are using wrong value for --with-imap-ssl
as it should be the same as for --with-openssl

--Jani

my config.nice is:

#! /bin/sh
#
# Created by configure

'./configure'
'--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs'
'--with-ttf=/usr/local'
'--with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl'
'--with-imap=/products/imap/imap-2001'
'--with-imap-ssl=/products/imap/imap-2001'
'--with-ldap=/usr/local'
'--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql'
'--with-db2=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB'
'--with-gettext'
'--with-mcal=/usr/local/mcal'
'--enable-calendar'
'--with-zlib'
"$@"

This will fail at the --with-imap-ssl check, with the note that the c-client.a library
does not support ssl.  I get the same error with the current release (4.0.6) and with
4.0.7-cvs.  It did *not* happen with an earlier 4.0.6-dev version from a few weeks
back (my build date: 4/27/2001), which was built with the same c-client.a file that is
now being rejected.

What's more, the current release and cvs builds (4.0.6 and 4.0.7-cvs), without ssl,
will perform a correct logon to an imap server, but then drop the connection without
logging out, causing error messages in mail.log and mail clients to fail.  (I get the
infamous "Command stream end of file,..." message in mail.log).

I'm currently using the earlier build with (from test.php):

     Horde: 1.3.5-cvs
     IMP: 2.3.7-cvs
     PHP Version: 4.0.6-dev (build date 4/27/01)
     UWash c-client 2000c and/or 2001
     OpenSSL 0.9.6 and/or 6a
     glibc