On 30/06/01, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I use Apache 1.3.2 on a Cobalt RaQ2
> Apache 1.3.2 is really old, please update it to a newer version, i.e. 1.3.20.

Upgrading Apache on cobalt boxes invalidates the warranty; Cobalt do some wierdo stuff
to apache so that their integrated web-based management system will work
(-DBIG_SECURITY_HOLE + some other stuff with authentication etc.).

While it is possible to rebuild with the security so Apache will run as root, I have
no idea how their auth stuff works (it seems proprietary, since trying to use your own
htusers for access control doesn't work).

I manage a RaQ3 box for our web hosting customers and don't want to risk breaking the
"Cobalt OS" or running into conflicts when Cobalt release an OS update.

So, can we have configure detect this compatibility problem in apxs?
Ideally, configure should be able to spot a cobalt system and omit the -S option.

For the time-being I manually copy mod_php4.so into the apache libs dir...

--Wez.