On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Zeev Suraski wrote:

> (a) I agree that the names are long
> (b) Remember that you can change the name by simply assigning it around
> (e.g., $GET_A = $HTTP_GET_VARS)

I know this, but then you'll end up with:
$GET_A = $GLOBALS["HTTP_GET_VARS"];
$POST_A = $GLOBALS["HTTP_POST_VARS"];

and this is what I don't like in every function :)

> (c) I think that $GET_A is ugly :)  I'd go for something along the lines of
> $__GET

I agree with that, $GET_A was just a proposal.

> (d) Having these variables available on every function means that it's
> going to slow things down, so it's a no-no.  What we can do is do something
> along the lines of $GLOBALS - where it is available in every function that
> *uses* it.  The drawback here is that it means it will not be available via
> indirect reference (i.e., $foo = "__GET", $$foo["bar"]).  I don't think
> it's a serious drawback though.

I think this would be excellent. I don't see any reason why I would
even want to use $foo = "__GET";

regards,
Derick Rethans