From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: LNX 2.2.19 Slack
PHP version:      4.0.6
PHP Bug Type:     Scripting Engine problem
Bug description:  MSIE tries to download file when you hit domain alias

When I hit my site normally: http://lowmagnet.org, all is ok, and it brings up my
first page. When I hit my site with its "www." alias (from DNS level) IE tries to
download the file. I'm not certain why it would do this, because most other browsers
handle this correctly. My mime.types file:

text/html                       html htm php

My httpd.conf:

DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.shtml
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

My PHP.ini:

default_mimetype = "text/html"

Like I said, if you point at a specific directory under either DNS registry, no
worries. If you point to the root on the www. spec, it doesn't seem to send the right
mimetype. I figure if it's working everywhere but that one place it's probably config.
I just want to eliminate suspects. Thanks.

--
Edit Bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=11841&edit=1