On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 06:38:56PM +0200, Cedric ANES wrote:
>  Hi Sergey !
>
> Thanks a lot for your input.
> It was actually already compiled that way.
> However, you gave me an idea..
> I've specified the path of the mysql binaries
> ( --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql ) [for mnoGoSearch compil]
> and now it seems to work fine !
This is known 'misfeature' of PHP: if you want to use MySQL support in PHP
_and_ any other third party module that also relies on MySQL, make sure
that you compiled MySQL module for PHP against _system_ MySQL libraries,
not using bundled ones.

Same goes for XML support -- if something else uses Expat, and PHP is
compiled with XML support, make sure that option
--with-expat-dir=/path/to/system/expat was specified during compilation.

> The funny thing is that when I use only  --with-mysql, all the command line
> tools
> like the indexer are working fine and updates the databases accordingly !
Of course, because they are not depending on PHP.

> Shall I update bug #11780 ?
>
> Thanks again !
>
> Best regards,
>
>   Cedric

Sincerely yours, Alexander Bokovoy
  The Midgard Project    | ALT  Linux  Team | Minsk Linux Users Group
 www.midgard-project.org | www.altlinux.ru  |    www.minsk-lug.net
-- You won't skid if you stay in a rut.
                -- Frank Hubbard