From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Win98se
PHP version:      4.0.5
PHP Bug Type:     Unknown/Other Function
Bug description:  php extension doe snot work

I have submitted this once before to no avail.

When you install php on a win 98 se machine and use the *.php extension with the same
extension in the registry, you get a 500 error.  Rename the file to *.php3 or *.php4
or *.phpplussomereallystupidextension with an associated registry key and it will work.

The php extension does not work.  This is at least the 10th win98 sewith PWS  machine
I have had this same problem on.  yes it is installed correctly.  I do not know if
win98sewith PWS  has a special purpose already reserved for the *.php extension or
what, but it will not work

And just so I do not get another silly response like, "you have to add the *.php
extension to the registry"  the *.php extension has been added to the registry as has
the *.php3 and *.php4 and the *.phtml extensions.

Therefore, following the documentation does not work.  Can you please either find a
solution to getting the *.php extension to work in win98se with PWS of fix the
documentation to alert people that on win98se with PWS the *.php extension will not
work.

it really sucks when  large project with hundreds of files named *.php will not work
on a local test environment

thank you

B.P.

--