ID: 11940
User Update by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I may be missing something, but there is no include() or any other file-related
operation in the sample script that I posted.  All it has is 'echo "hello"'.

This is not a bug, include calls a file open operation,
and as such must be in the open_basedir path

-Jason

safe_mode = On
doc_root = /homes/u0/apache
open_basedir = "/var/www/htdocs/workathome:/var/www/secure:/var/www/tmp"
(/var/www is a symlink for /homes/u0/apache)

In such a setting I should be able to execute PHP scripts from any directory under
/homes/u0/apache, but not access any files unless they are under one of the
directories in open_basedir.  However, I cannot place any scripts in, say,
/homes/u0/apache/cdf/deadlines/.  A minimal file foo.php, saved there, containing
only:

Results in the script not executed, with the following error messages:

[Fri Jul  6 17:24:53 2001] [error] PHP Warning:  open_basedir restriction in effect.
File is in wrong directory in Unknown on line 0
[Fri Jul  6 17:24:53 2001] [error] PHP Warning:  Failed opening
'/homes/u0/apache/htdocs/cdf/deadlines/foo.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in
Unknown on line 0

open_basedir's documentation says that it should only restrict directories from where
a file can be opened by a PHP script.
http://www.php.net/manual/en/configuration.php

Many thanks,
--