Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 19:13:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: Thomas Hruska <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ODBC and include() sort of solved (Bug #11969)...

Well, I tried various things with PHP and finally went back to my web
server's access logs.  Apparently the browser is sending out two requests on
every page, one POST request followed (almost immediately) by a GET request
on form submission pages (my current situation).  The rest of the time the
browser just sends two GET requests.

For now I'll just limit the requests to POST, but people need to be aware of
the issue.  From what I can tell is that if the page takes too long to load,
the browser re-issues the request.

NOTE:  I tested this particular issue with both a custom page retriever that
I wrote as well as testing it with cURL and both retrieved the page just
fine with no duplicate log file entries.  My guess is that the bug is in the
Internet API since both cURL and my code use sockets instead of the API
stuff.  I'm going to go see if re-installing IE helps any (IE contains
kernel updates/fixes).

MacTruck